The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

>> Wednesday, November 11, 2009

No, it's not Christmas. And no, it's not back-to-school time. And it's not even my birthday (okay, well, it is, but that's not what makes it the most wonderful time of the year).


That's right - it's none of those things! For me, the most wonderful time of the year is that magical day in the fall when the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts play each other. For the 3rd year in a row, MK and I are headed to Indianapolis for the game (we also saw the Pats host the Colts in New England way back in 2005).

The game usually falls near my birthday, so the tickets to the game and the ensuing trip to Indy are my birthday present from MK. Part of the fun will be driving to Indy. (Yes, I did say driving.) MK and I love to take road trips, having driven to Indy twice and all the way to Florida once.


This year, we're making a pit-stop in Chicago to eat at our favorite restaurant, Texas de Brazil. The trip this year is also special because we'll be seeing a lot of different people - my cousin, one of my favorite blog friends, an old friend from college, and a couple of other friends who happen to be in Chicago.

Below is the route we'll most likely take - over 2,000 miles!

3 comments:

Cate November 11, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

LOVE that restaurant, it's soo good!

Jenny November 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

Hi Cate - Yay! Isn't it the best!!

Hi Julia - It was so much fun! Hope you had a nice day the next day. We should do it again some time :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP