Birthday Road Trip Recap: Part I

>> Monday, November 23, 2009

Over 2,000 miles, and we did it all in just about 36 hours! It was a long but super fun trip, so I'm splitting my recap into two parts. (Hopefully I'll get to the second part later this week.)

We got to Chicago on Friday, and met up with my cousin and Julia and her boyfriend for dinner at Texas de Brazil. Dinner was delicious (as expected), and MK managed to get himself stuffed just after his first course. We weren't too full to order dessert though, and MK had them surprise me with a birthday candle on the cake I ordered!


Here is a picture of all of us after dinner.
DISCLAIMER: MK wants you all to know that this picture was taken after dinner, and he was slouching and very full from getting the most out of his meal. He doesn't look like Cartman in real life.

After dinner, we took a picture of just the girls. It was so nice to have such great company for my birthday dinner!

We went out for some drinks after dinner, and then we headed back to my cousin's apartment to get some much needed sleep.

The next morning we met up with my friend's husband's cousin (got that?) for breakfast at Ann Sather's, a local Swedish diner. I love Swedish stuff - my grandfather was Swedish, so I'm a little biased. If you're ever in Chicago, you should definitely check this place out! It was pretty busy, but they had really delicious food, especially their cinnamon buns, pecan buns, and Swedish pancakes (which are more like crepes).

I was a little bummed that we didn't get to stay longer and hang out with my friend some more, but we had to get going in the early afternoon for the drive to Indianapolis.

We got to Indy around 4:30 PM, and checked into our hotel, and then met up with one of my friends from college who I hadn't seen in forever. She and I lived in the same house my freshman year of college, and we were good friends. It was great to get to see her again after so long and catch up!

After dinner, MK and I caught a showing of "The Men Who Stare at Goats" - we don't recommend it. It was a long couple of days, but definitely worth it! It was so nice to be able to spend time with old and new friends.

3 comments:

Melissa@AllThingsSimplified November 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Oh it looks like so much FUN!!! You look absolutely beautiful, too! I hope you continue to have a fabulous time and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Kathy November 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

I love a good road trip and yours looks wonderful! I can tell you had a very happy birthday!

Jenny December 1, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Thanks FFM and Kathy! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP