Riddle me this

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh, Allure magazine. What are you doing?

I had to get an oil change a couple weeks ago (and a new battery, too, boooooo), and I walked over to the local supermarket to get some reading material while I waited. I don't normally read Allure, but I already had that month's Vogue, InStyle, and Glamour waiting at home, so I went with Allure.

Later on, while pulling out all the annoying subscription cards, I noticed something very interesting. Allure charges $10 for 12 issues. 10 divided by 12 is .83333 (repeating). That would explain the first card, which gives you a 79% savings, at a cost of 83 cents per issue.


So how come this second card, found in the same exact issue, claims that you'll get an 83% savings, at a cost of just 67 cents an issue? I could see if maybe it said 79 cents an issue; then you might assume it just mixed up the savings and cost numbers, but that's not the case.


It's interesting to note that the third card in the magazine didn't mention any percentage savings or cost per issue; it just said save on the news stand price (still at 12 issues for $10).

1 comments:

ashley February 10, 2010 at 2:18 PM  

interesting! i never paid attention to those subscription cards!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP